Tuesday 11 May 2021

Daughter was hospitalized and Police broke my hand with a stick

 

I am Manoj Modi, age 52, father late Badan Modi a native of village Tilaiya post Tilaiya police station Tilaiya district Koderma, Jharkhand. My wife and my 2 children live in my family. We run a grocery shop in Tilaiya city and live happily with my family.


On May 5, 2020, at about 10 o'clock at night, I was returning home from Aryan Hospital in the city. The entire city was in lock down. Not a single person could be seen on the road. I had reached the police station by my bike only when a policeman stopped my car and asked us where you are coming from. We said, sir, he is coming from Aryan Hospital. My daughter is going to be delivered. He is admitted to bear. On hearing this, the policeman said that after fighting with liquor, he used to fight with the police, we said, sir, we have not drunk. The police said angrily to me that the liquor is coming and lying that you are coming from the hospital. I said, sir, you have a machine, so check it out. It will be clear that I have drunk or not.

  

As soon as the police spoke, the police started abusing me dirtyly and picked up sticks and started running on my entire body. We were screaming, but there was no one to hear my voice in that silence. I was groaning with pain but he abused us by abusing there. While beating, every time he would say "Drunk is coming and saying that he is coming from this hospital". The policeman did not stop even once to see the hospital slip or pass. The hand of the stick broke my hand. We were completely half dead. Blood was coming out from place to place in my body. At that time there was a feeling of silence in my mind. My family members picked us up to take them to a private clinic where I was treated. Till now I was destitute for my daughter but now I sat down with my grief. That incident caused fear in me. The government had given up emergency service but the policeman did not stop even once and saw the paper. What could I do?


 I was compelled that he was a policeman, we could do anything, we were knowing that there would be no action on that policeman, but the villagers met the Superintendent of Police and asked for his satisfaction and applied to the police station but nothing happened in this incident. I was feeling scared for a long time. We were not even talking to anyone at home and in our locality. We felt that what people would think that what happened to me or I would have made some mistake for which we were done. That's why many people were not even talking to us. My daughter came back home. I was very sad that I could not go to the hospital to see my daughter again, I met my daughter at home.

 

When I remember this incident even today, we cry. After talking to you, arouse some hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment